Even though I like tomatoes I don’t always like tomato soup. I’m not sure why that is! But if you like tomato soup you will like this recipe made using a tin of diced tomatoes – yes that’s right! When you are travelling you cannot always process tomatoes to what is required to make a good tomato soup. And I find a tin of diced tomatoes will make a fast and fabulous tomato soup.
1 knife to chop onion.
1 x pot to cook soup in.
Bowl and spoon to eat with.
- 1 x 250g tin of diced tomatoes.
- 1 onion, finely chopped.
- 2 cups chicken stock, or use a chicken stock cube in 3 cups of water.
- 1 teaspoon oil.
- 1 cup grated cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup croutons (optional)
- Black Pepper (optional)
- Chop onion finely.
- Heat oil in pan and lightly fry onion.
- Add tin diced tomatoes and 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Boil for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir for the right consistency. If it is too chunky for you then use a blender or a fork to smooth the soup.
- Serve with bread and butter - maybe beer damper.
- You could add to the top of your soup some black pepper and grated cheese for added flavour.
© 2023 Copyright Travellers Fare