Potato and Leek soup is an easy soup to make. It can look bland, but tastes great.
soup bowl and spoon
- 2 x medium sized potatoes
- 1 x leek
- 1 x onion - optional
- 2 cups chicken stock - you can use a stock cube with 2 cups of water
- small container of cream - you can replace with 1 cup milk
- black petter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cut leek and potato into small pieces.
- Heat oil in pot. Add leeks and onion (if including onion) sweat off - when they go clear.
- Add potato pieces and chicken stock and simmer until soft.
- Blend with a hand blender.
- Add cream or milk and mix through.
- Serve with black pepper on top of soup and a side of bread and butter.
© 2023 Copyright Travellers Fare