Apple Crumble is an easy desert to make. Sweet apples covered in a crunchy topping served with ice-cream or cream – Happy Days! This is one of my favourite easy desert recipes to make. A warm and comforting desert it is a treat on a cold night or with loads of ice-cream nice on a hot night. Without further ado, here is my Apple Crumble recipe.
Please let me know how you like this recipe in the comments!
1 saucepan to stew apple
bowl to mix crumble
- 3 Apples - I usually use Granny Smith as they are sweeter but any sort of apple will be OK. Peeled, cored and diced.
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar, or any other sugar you have
- A pinch of cinnamon if you have it.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup Uncle Tobys Traditional Rolled Oats
- 60g butter, chopped
- Ice-cream or whipped cream, to serve
- Peel, core and dice apples and put in a small saucepan
- Add sugar and water and cook until apple soft and apple changes colour - 10-15 mins
- In a bowl add flour, sugar, oats and chopped butter
- With clean fingers and hands rub butter into mixture
- When apples cooked, place in a baking dish and put crumble mixture on top
- Bake in oven 15 minutes, until crumble is light brown
- Serve with ice cream or cream.
© 2023 Copyright Travellers Fare