Packed with spinach, tomato, mushrooms and cheese, these Loaded Scrambled Eggs are an easy, fast and fabulous meal to start your day with. Easy to make with just 5 mins prep and 10-15 mins to cook until eating. It is the perfect way to start your day of travelling or sightseeing.
Why Are These Loaded Scrambled Eggs so Good?
- The ingredients are readily available and often in your travelling pantry.
- Quick to make, so when you are hungry, they are great to have for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner!
- Packed with veggies – tomato, spinach, mushrooms + you can add other things – bacon and onion. And cheese like in this loaded scrambled eggs recipe.
- All the ingredients are nutritious so you are fuelling your body.
- Hearty low carb meal packed with protein.
Ingredients for Loaded Scrambled Eggs
- Eggs – use fresh free range or organic eggs if you can. I use 2 eggs per person.
- Veggies – you can pack loads of veggies into your eggs. I like to add mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes – they taste great together.
- Cheese – a handful of shredded tasty cheese is all you need.
Other Ingredients to Add
- bacon, onion, kale, capsicum
How To Make Loaded Scrambled Eggs
My recipe is easy to make and easy to follow.
- First, get all your ingredients together.
- Chop the mushrooms and tomato and start cooking them in a small frypan with a dob of butter.
- When mushrooms and tomato are to your liking, add a handful of spinach and melt it down.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cheese and a little milk.
- When the veggies are to your liking, add the egg mixture and cook until egg mixture is scrambled to your liking. And Voila!
Cook your mushrooms and tomato in a dob of butter.
Add spinach and cook down.
Best Methods for Cooking
There are different methods you can use to cook your eggs. As long as you have a frypan and heat you are all set. Heat can come from:
- Cooktop – a cooktop element that is electric or gas that you can put your frypan on top of.
- Camp cooking stove – if you are camping in the great outdoors you can cook your loaded scrambled eggs in your frypan on top of your camp stove.
- Camp fire – if you have hot coals or a fire you can cook your loaded scrambled eggs in your pan on top of the heat.
What to Serve with Loaded Scrambled Eggs
I often enjoy my eggs on their own however, you can serve them on toast with a glass of juice. Some people like to serve their scrambled eggs with some fresh chives or parsley on top. I often add some cracked pepper.
Check Out These Other Delicious Breakfast Recipes
Scrambled Eggs on Toast
Full English Breakfast
Have you tried these Loaded Scrambled Eggs? Did you add other ingredients? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Loaded Scrambled Eggs
Knife to chop veggies
Bowl to whisk eggs
Fork to stir mixture with
Plate and fork
- 2 eggs
- hand full tasty grated cheese or cheese of your liking
- spinach - hand full
- mushrooms - 3
- tomato - 6 small Roma tomatoes
- Chop mushrooms and tomato
- In a frypan, melt a knob of butter and cook mushrooms and tomato
- Add spinach to the mushrooms and tomato and melt it down
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and add cheese and mix it in
- When veggies cooked to your liking, add the egg mixture
- Cook on a medium heat, stirring occasionally so eggs scramble
- Serve on a plate. You can serve with toast and juice