A taco is a traditional Mexican dish where filling, usually made of beef mince, is put into a corn or wheat tortilla. Now Mexican food is a particular favourite of mine, well to be precise, tacos are my favourite. And they are so easy to make and I think relatively healthy, as long as you add a bit of salad. This fast and fabulous taco recipe I use is so easy and quick to make and goes down a treat.
knife to chop onion and capsicum
spoon to stir and serve mixture
- 1 Packet Hard Taco Shells
- 250g Beef Mince
- 1 small onion
- 1 small red capsicum
- handfull iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups of grated cheese
- Tablespoon oil
- Optional: taco sauce, sour cream
- Chop small onion and red capsicum.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion, capsicum, mince and taco spice and stir to mix ingredients. The mixture is ready when the meat has browned.
- Remove from heat and put in a bowl or help yourself from the pan.
- Put mince in your taco shell, add a little lettuce and grated cheese on top.
- You can also add taco sauce and sour cream if you so wish.
© 2021 Copyright Travellers Fare