An omelette is a dish made from beaten eggs which is then fried with butter or oil in a frying pan. It is quite common to add other ingredients to the omelette such as mushrooms or bacon or smoked salmon or cheese or a combination of all the ingredients. An omelette doesn’t take long to cook and some people fold them over.
chopping board, knife, frypan and spatula
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Toppings of your choice, onion, mushroom, smoked salmon, asparagus, bacon, etc.
- Crack eggs and put into a bowl and whisk
- Chop any toppings for your omelette
- Heat pan and melt butter
- If you like your toppings cooked then cook them now and remove from the pan
- Add eggs into the pan and when pan-side is cooked add your toppings onto the top of the egg mixture
- Once egg mixture is no longer runny, fold over one side onto the other, so you basically have folded it in half
- Slide out of pan onto a plate and enjoy
© 2021 Copyright Travellers Fare