If you like curries and sausages then you will like my easy Curry Sausage Risotto. This recipe stemmed from me not being able to boil the right amount of rice. And it always came out blobby. So one day I had this idea to use Aborio rice which is the rice used in risottos. And voila, I could finally make a great rice dish. It is also very easy to make and only needs one pot to be cooked in – making this a great option to cook when you travel and have limited cooking utensils available to you. Enjoy.
* You can substitute sausages for a chicken breast or about 300g of meat, cut to small pieces. Please note, you may need to cook the meat longer so it becomes more tender.
Utensils required: saucepan to cook, knife to chop onion, veggies and sausages, and a spoon to stir the mixture.
Serve in a bowl.
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for a few days.
- 6 Sausages - any flavour (meat, chicken, vegetable)
- 1 large brown onion
- 1 cup (or a handful) of veggies (your choice, chopped)
- 1-2 tablespoons curry powder (more if you like it hot)
- 1 small can coconut cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 cups of water
- Cut sausages into small pieces (about 2cm in length)
- Chop onion and veggies
- Heat oil, lightly fry sausages, onion and curry powder
- Add veggies and give a stir, and cook for 2 minutes
- Add cup of Aborio rice, stir through, and watch until rice starts to look clear
- Add 1 cup of water, stir through, and allow rice to absorb the water
- When water absorbed, add another cup of water and allow rice to absorb, stir.
- Add last cup of water and allow rice to absorb
- Once all water is absorbed, add coconut cream/milk and heat through
© 2021 Copyright Travellers Fare
Like this Recipe, please Pin It