I love burgers and I love that they can be so easy to make. And I also think they can quite healthy when you make them yourself particularly if you add lots of salad items. You also don’t need to have meat patty in the burger. There are many options including a chicken patty, a fish patty or a veggie patty. Instead of a patty you could have a small chicken snchitzel or other pork or veal snchitzel. The choices are many. Here is my easy to make homemade burgers.
Utensils Required: Knife, Frypan, Plate
Serve: You could add salad on the side or chips/fries.
Leftovers: If there are any leftovers from your homemade burger you could use the ingredients to make a salad roll for your lunch the next day.
- 1 or 2 patties of your choice – meat, chicken, fish, veggie, etc.
- small onion
- Optional items: bacon, cheese, egg, a slice of pineapple or a slice of beetroot.
- 1 or 2 bread rolls
- A little butter or oil for frying
- 1. Chop onion
- 2. Melt butter or heat oil in a fry pan (can use a BBQ) and cook patties and onion. Turn your patty once so both sides are cooked. Turn onion to brown all surfaces.
- 3. Also cook bacon and egg if you are adding these to your burger.
- 4. Just before serving meat place onion and cheese on top of your patty and allow to melt slightly.
- 5. While cooking prepare your bun. Put on salad: lettuce, tomato, etc.
© 2021 Copyright Travellers Fare
Like this Recipe, Please Pin It.